Happy workers means happy customers, which, of course, means happy businesses. It is increasingly more evident that the chance to reconcile work with family and personal life makes employers feel more comfortable, work better and ultimately achieve better results.
So, if you have not promoted reconciliation in your business, take note of these five tips! It is simpler than it seems and it will only be beneficial for you and your business.
- Allow teleworking. With new technologies, many tasks exist which can be done from home without posing a problem for the business. Take advantage of this! Give freedom to your workers so that they can organize their time in a more efficient way. The office will continue to be a meeting pointing in which they will be able to turn to for work and to be able to meet with their colleagues and clients.
- Don’t count the hours, count the outcomes! If at 17:30 one of your employers have finished their tasks for the day, why keep them there until 18:00? More hours does not mean better results: start to count the tasks, the outcomes and forget the hours your employers are sat spent in front of the computer.
- Avoid scheduling meetings late in the day. Arranging a meeting for one hour does not mean that the meeting is going to last one hour (sometimes it will last less, sometimes more). Don’t schedule meetings at the end of the day with just the right amount of time needed. It will only make that your team look at the clock and not make them concentrate on the topic in question.
- Ban emails out-of-work hours! Objective achieved, time to go home, or go to the gym or wherever members of your team want to go! Their free time has started, so don’t let that anything interferes with that. Enjoying their free time will make them more productive in the office.
- Be flexible: listen and understand. This last point, is ultimately, a summary of the previous ones but, at the same time a premise which all managers should keep in mind when it comes taking a decision which affects the team: flexibility, listening and understanding will make the employers feel make respected and valued. Giving workers confidence also means being flexible and understanding. Start with this point!