Social Corporate Responsibility is a question which is being increasingly linked with the essence of the business. Today it is not enough to simply come across as responsible, now you have to be responsible and show it in every action you take.
In this context, the involvement and participation of your team in your company’s CSR strategy becomes essential. Every employer must have a voice inside of the business and feel part of the overall voice of the company.
Why? Because it gives your company gives these benefits:
1. An involved team is a coherent business. At the end of the day, a business is nothing more than the total of people which has been integrated into it. A team which doesn’t share the values that the company defends will find it difficult to represent it whatever the case, which will undermine the image of the company and go against the efforts made regarding CSR.
2. An involved team is a faithful team. If people play a fundamental role in trying to achieve a key objective in the company, getting faithful people to the company is a necessary condition for the positive development of the business. People are one of the most valuable assets of the company and involving them in the company’s strategical decisions makes them feel “at home”.
3. An involved team is a motivated team. Motivation moves mountains. Being able to get the employer to feel part of the business and its challenges gets the team to feel like these challenges are their own, and they will confront them with all of their energy in order to get better results.
4. Sharing goals and values facilitates a better connection between members of the team and, therefore, contributes to the creation of a more pleasant working atmosphere, with more efficient relationships with the people who have integrated into the team.
5. An involved team attracts talent. Working in a business in which the team has a voice and a vote makes working in it a rewarding experience. This involvement grabs the attention of potential new employees as it seems an attractive prospect.