This month of June we have closed agreements with 10 new non-governmental organizations. With these, there’s already 499 organizations with a social purpose who are part of the Worldcoo’s community. It means, organizations whom we have helped to fund one (or more) projects, or organizations with whom we have the possibility to do so in the future.
These ones are:
- “Asociación Bienestar y Desarrollo ABD”, in an organization non-governmental that was born by a group of professionals and volunteering people in the 1980. They work to reduce inequality and vulnerability through its more than 100 services and programs.
- “Confederación Estatal de Personas Sordas”, an NGO founded in 1936 to promote equal opportunities for deaf people, through policies aimed at removing barriers that prevent the exercise of their rights.
- “Espai D’Inclusió i Formació Casc Antic EICASCANTIC”, a non-profit association located in the Old Town of Barcelona that aims to promote the inclusion and active participation of all people through the reception, training, participation, accompaniment and advice from these.
- “Asprós Foundation”, dedicated to promoting the inclusion and quality of life of people with disabilities, mainly intellectual disabilities and mental illness.
- “Joia Foundation”, a non-profit organization that offers insertion services in mental health through its 10 services, located in five districts of Barcelona.
- The German Red Cross saves people, helps in emergencies, provides a community, supports the poor and watches the humanitarian international law – in Germany and in the whole world. The German Red Cross is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the largest humanitarian organisation in the world.
- IRBLleida, Lleida Biomedical Research Institute, which was created with the aim of creating synergies between basic research, clinical research and epidemiology, so that research is the engine for improving daily clinical practice, for the benefit of the entire community.
- Mensajeros de la Paz, which works for the integration of the most vulnerable and help the most disadvantaged.
- “Unidos por la Educación” (Ecuador), an alliance of institutions, entities and individuals that promotes social, environmental, economic, cultural, health and productive development through education.
- WWF, the largest independent international organization dedicated to the defense of nature and the environment.