Worldcoo has been recognised as Best For The World™ 2022 for outstanding Customer impact!
This is the sixth consecutive year that Worldcoo has received this recognition.
Worldcoo, a B Corp company, has been named Best for the World 2022™ for the sixth consecutive year in recognition of its exceptional positive impact in the Customer area. Best for the World is a distinction awarded by B Lab to B Corps that are part of the 5% of B Corps with the highest verified score in any of the five impact areas measured in the B Impact Assessment (community, customers, environment, government and workers).
Worldcoo technology enables e-commerce and corporations with local or global reach to engage an increasingly conscious consumer to achieve significant social impact day after day. Worldcoo obtained this honor, thanks to initiatives such as the launch of Charity Rounding Up or other social fundraising channels, which have the objective of helping social and environmental entities to promote their projects throughout the world.
Today, there are more than 5,000 B Corps in 80 countries and 155 industries, united by a common goal: to build an inclusive, equitable and regenerative economic system.
Complete lists are available at bcorporation.net
We are very happy to announce that since some days ago, all the General Optica stores in Spain offer the opportunity to make a small donation each time that customers pay with card and collaborate with a social cause.
How it works
After introducing the payment card, the pinpad ask if the customer whats to add few cents to their purchase. In order to collaborate, customers must press the green button and continue with the usual payment process.
The charity project: ophthalmological care for children at risk of exclusion
All the donations raised through the Charuty Rounding Up will go to Fundación Barraquer, organization that facilitates the access to ophtalmological care for people at risk of social exclusion.
Through the “Miramos por ti” program, the organization provides free ophthalmological and optometric assistance to people in vulnerable situations.
Visit https://generaloptica.worldcoo.com in order to have more information about the project.
A journey through our last year
Here you have our Anual Report 2021, a year in which we have doubled the number of donations made compared to the previous year. The sum of all these small micro-donations made in different shops has raised more than 4 million euros, which will help fund 116 different social and environmental projects around the world.
We are very happy to have been able to offer help to various social causes that have needed it this year, marked by the consequences of the Covid pandemic. And also to have been able to offer immediate help to people affected by other climate emergencies that have occurred in recent months, such as the eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcano on the island of La Palma, or the floods that took place in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.
This 2021 has also been very special because we have made the leap to Andorra, with the help of Univers Bomosa. And we have presented the first fundraising campaign in the Principality with the help of one of the leading telecommunications companies in the count.
We explain you everything in OUR ANUAL REPORT.
We start this 2022 with the signing of new collaboration agreements with 5 different social organizations. These are:
- “También” Foundation, organization that works for the social inclusion of people with disabilities and the promotion of educational values in adapted sports activities, leisure and free time.
- “Querer” Foudation, an organization dedicated to education, research, dissemination and social awareness related to children with special educational needs derived from their neurological diseases, and who specifically suffer from a Language Disorder as a consequence of their diseases and/or disorders.
- “Ateneu Sant Roc” Foundation, that promotes different educational, cultural and social projects aimed at boys, girls, young people and adults to achieve social cohesion in the Sant Roc area of Badalona (Barcelona).
- MENTAL HEALTH SPAIN Confederation, that was born to improve the adoption of all measures that contribute to improving the quality of life of people with mental disorders and their families, defend their rights and represent the associative movement created around health mental.
- Associació de Malalties Minoritàries d’Andorra (Andorra Association of Minority Diseases), has the purpose of contribuing to the dissemination and knowledge of minority diseases in Andorra, defending the rights of those affected and guiding and helping families.
Welcome to Worldcoo’s community to all of them!
Este pasado 2021 Worldcoo ha registrado un total de 20.071.771 donaciones solidarias a lo largo del 2021, casi el doble que durante el año anterior.
El Redondeo Solidario ha estado presente en más de 4.300 establecimientos comerciales durante el último año, hecho que ha permitido recaudar 4.060.600 euros que se han destinado a 116 proyectos sociales de 40 entidades sociales diferentes: la inclusión social y laboral de mujeres en riesgo de exclusión social, la mejora del bienestar de personas que tienen cáncer, la preservación de bosques centenarios, proporcionar alojamiento a personas sin hogar, dar soporte y acompañar a jóvenes con problemas de salud mental o promover la inclusión social de niños y niñas con autismo con algunos ejemplos. También se ha tenido ocasión de dar soporte a campañas de emergencia como es la ayuda a personas damnificadas por la erupción del volcán Cumbre Vieja, en la isla de la Palma.
Algunas de las entidades sociales a las que se ha dado soporte han sido la Fundación Ared, Save the Children, ECODES, Pallapupas, Cáritas, Aldeas Infantiles SOS, Cruz Roja, la Fundación Pasqual Maragall, etc.
Comparado con el año anterior -2020- este último año se han realizado casi el doble de donaciones (20.071.771 versus 11.078.484), cifra que también se ha visto reflejada en el importe total recaudado (4.060.600 versus 2.662.325 euros).
El Redondeo Solidario es un canal de recaudación de fondos sociales que permite redondear el importe final de la compra cada vez que se utiliza la tarjeta como método de pago en establecimientos comerciales físicos. Empresas como Eroski, Caprabo, Condis, El Grupo Bon Preu, a través de les enseñas Bonpreu i Esclat, Muy Mucho, Viena, All We Wear Group, Correos o Wala, entre otros, ya ofrecen esta opción a sus clientes, que pueden hacer micro donaciones para diferentes proyectos sociales de forma puntual, fácil y transparente.
Worldcoo colabora con más de 500 ONGs de todo el mundo con el objetivo de ayudar a las organizaciones a encontrar los recursos económicos necesarios para impulsar sus proyectos sociales y medioambientales en todo el mundo. El objetivo de la compañía de cara a este 2022 es el de consolidar la herramienta en países como Portugal y Andorra, donde ha empezado a colaborar en los últimos meses, así como Ecuador e Italia.
Last December, we signed new collaboration agreements with 6 new social and environmental organizations. These are:
- Street Child Italia, organization that was born with the objective of creating quality educational opportunities for the most vulnerable children in the most remote areas of Africa and Asia.
- Ecos do Sur, NGO that works to make migrations bear fruit in a society that is more prosperous, fairr and proud of its diversity.
- Mundukide, that promotes promotes sustainable socio-economic development to improve people’s lives in a cooperative way.
- Asociación Esclerosis Múltiple Navarra, organization that aims to provide people diagnosed with MS and neurodegenerative diseases, as well as their families, adequate care for their needs in order to improve their quality of life.
- Fundació Josep Irla, organization that studies, debates and reflects on the society of the Catalan Countries.
- Associació in via, since 1953 works for the comprehensive promotion of people in situations of maximum vulnerability and risk of social exclusion, especially with women and families who are survivors of sexist violence.
Welcome to Worldcoo’s community to all of them!
Each month, new social & environmental organizations reach us in order to know more about our fundraising solutions and to start new agreements with them. The truth is that we are very shocked to see and know first-hand all these organizations and to know that there are so many organizations that work to help those who need it most.
Following, we introduce you the social and environmental charities we have started collaboration with this October.
- Ronald McDonald Foundation, organization that offers accommodation and rest to families with seriously ill children who are hospitalized in Spain.
- “Institut de Recerca de l’Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau” Foundation, is a scientific foundation whose mission is to promote basic, clinical, epidemiological and health services research in the field of health sciences and biomedicine, with the ultimate objective of contributing to the improvement of the health of the population.
- “Arep per la salut mental” Association, an organization created to cover the need to care for people with mental health problems in Barcelona.
- “Setba” Foundation, organization that focuses its activity on devising and developing artistic and cultural projects for groups at risk of social exclusion.
- Banco de Alimentos de Tenerife, who manages and takes advantage of food surpluses from production or distribution networks, to make them reach disadvantaged people through the different associations and entities, with the support of municipal and local social services.
- National Federation ALCER (Association for the Fight Against Kidney Diseases), organization that seeks to improve the quality of life of people with kidney diseases in all its aspects.
- “Adana” Foundation, created with the aim of improve the quality of life of people with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- “Conquistando Escalones” Association, an organization founded by people affected by 1F-D2 Waist Muscular Dystrophy and that seeks to publicize te disease and promote its research for cure and treatment. “The mutation that causes it makes them immune to HIV and they are looking for a cure that will help millions”.
- Farmamundi, an NGO for development cooperation, humanitarian action and emergency with experience in promoting comprehensive health and pharmaceutical aid to less favored counties.
- “Catalonia Fundació Creativa”, an organization that includes the Private Foundation “Pro Persones amb Discapacidad intel·lectual Catalònia” and the Private Foundation “Sant Jordi de Catalònia”, aimed at caring for people with intellectual disabilities, mental disorders and/or risk of social exclusion.
- LligamDona, organization that manages a shelter house and two inclusion flats to offer temporary housing and socio-educational and psychosocial care to single women or with minor in charge, who have suffered sexist violence or are in a situation of economic vulnerability and/or risk of social exclusion.
To all of them, Wellcome to the Worldcoo’s community!
The 19th of October takes place the celebration of the World Breast Cancer Day, a very special date that promotes sensibilization against this disease and raise awareness among the population of the importance of research and early diagnosis of the disease.
It is the most common tumor among western women; in fact, in Spain more than 33,000 new breast cancers are diagnosed each year.
The Spanish Association Against Cancer is one of the organizations with whom we have collaborated for many years. The organization not only carries out important education and awareness-raising work, but also leads various projects to support and accompany people with cancer and their families and, finally, promotes research by financing research projects that help to find a better diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
Today we speak with them, to learn about their main challenges and priorities today and, also, to learn about the campaign they have prepared this year.
- What is the main challenge for the AECC today?
Eliminate the inequities caused by cancer in Spain. Unfortunately, cancer is the same for everyone, but we are not all the same when it comes to cancer. Not all people have the same chance of preventing cancer, coping with the disease, or accessing research results. Correcting these inequalities is the main challenge of the Spanish Association Against Cancer.
- To date, you have helped finance more than 400 research projects that help prevent, cure or chronify cancer. What are the main lines of research that are currently open? What areas do they focus on?
The Cancer Research Grants of the Spanish Association Against Cancer seek to support researchers, giving them stability throughout their entire careers, from their beginnings as university students to their consolidation as group leaders, but also to promote those projects that most may benefit the patient. In this sense, among the more than 400 projects that we currently support, we find projects that study the different types of cancer and all its phases, from prevention and diagnosis to metastasis.
We promote multidisciplinary research and enable different professionals, both nationally and internationally, to network, sharing experience, knowledge and results. We promote clinical research, so that doctors who are in contact with patients also contribute their experience. And we drive innovation to accelerate results from the lab to the patient. In short, all these projects add different knowledge, strategies and professionals with the same goal: to save lives.
- Focusing on breast cancer, it is estimated that one in eight women will be diagnosed with this type of cancer in her lifetime. Prevention and early diagnosis are key to preventing the disease. In that sense, what advice would you give?
The main one is that women between 45/50 and 69 years old participate in breast cancer screening programs by having a mammogram. Breast cancer is one of the three tumors that can be detected early thanks to a test, such as mammography, capable of detecting cancer before it is palpable. In addition to this recommendation in general, adopting healthy lifestyle habits (not smoking, not drinking alcohol, exercising regularly, eating a healthy and balanced diet or going to gynecological examinations) are also measures that women can adopt to reduce the risk to develop breast cancer.
- One of the most valued areas of activity of the AECC is the accompaniment and advice to people and relatives who have recently been diagnosed with cancer. What is the service that works best for women recently diagnosed with breast cancer?
Between more than 23,000 women with breast cancer cared for by the Association in 2020, 45% have requested specialized psychological care. The rest has been taken care of by our social care services, medical guidance, etc.
- Your awareness campaigns on dates marked on the calendar, such as World Day Against Breast Cancer, help to increase knowledge about the disease and raise awareness about the importance of prevention. What is the topic for World Breast Cancer Day this year?
15% of women with breast cancer are extremely vulnerable, almost 34% of those who are ill have lost their jobs or have been forced to leave because of the disease; 70% have lost their wages or almost all of their income. It is estimated that a diagnosis of breast cancer generates on average, between direct expenses and loss of income, € 41,834 during the disease. Thus, a woman with breast cancer has direct expenses of € 9,242 and a loss of income of € 32,578 during the disease.
- What is the main goal of this year’s social fundraising campaign?
On the occasion of the “Take out chest” campaign, the collaboration with the Association is aimed at psychological and social care programs for patients and their families; and to promote breast cancer research. The solidarity of all will make it possible to provide more services to the women most vulnerable to breast cancer to meet their needs and ensure that they face cancer with the best conditions.
We finalize the month of September with 10 new collaboration agreements with social and environmental organizations.
These ones are:
- Spanish Confederation of People with Phyisical and Organic Disabilities(COCEMFE), organization that works to ensure an inclusive society that guarantees the full exercise of the rights of people with disabilities.
- Mallorca Sense Fam, which was born from the idea of a group of people, as a response to the emercing poverty that the current crisis is generating.
- CBD Habitat, a non-profit organization for the protection of habitat.
- Fundació Sorli, a reference center for gender equality in the business community.
- Aspros Foundation, organization who promotes social inclusion and quality of life of people with disabilities.
- Plan International Italia, international organization that works for the development of girls, boys and the communities in which they live.
- Portolà Foundation, a special employment center that facilitates the social and labor integration of people with intellectual disabilities and / or mental disorders.
- Institute of Biomedical Research of Girona Dr Josep Trueta (IDIBGI), research center that aims to promote, develop, manage, transfer and disseminate biomedical research, scientific and technological knowledge, teaching and training.
- Associació per a l’Ajut al Sud de l’Índia (AJUTSI), an entity that works to promote and support development projects in South India in cooperation with other NGOs in the country. Ajutsi’s main project is the Parameswar School of Secondary Education in the town of Gengapuram, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Associació per la Vida Independent (AVI), organization that works in order to improve the quality of life of people with dependency and/or disability.
Welcome to Worlcoo’s community!