Companies find, through taking corporate social responsibility actions, a way of giving back to the environment and society around them which have enabled them to be able to perform their everyday business. The businesses, as agents who form part of our world, have the responsibility, just like any person, to work to make our planet a better place.
The world is crying out for us to listen to it and to take care of it and now nobody no longer can turn a death ear to its call: businesses know this and now they have started take action.
On the 7th of November 2015, in Madrid, Deloitte and the SERES foundation presented the third report of the Social Impact of Businesses. The information was inspiring, it implied that we are increasingly more worried about our planet, and therefore, we are working more and better in order to look after it.
- The investment made by businesses and institutions in CSR actions exceeded the 741 million euros invested in 2015, which is about 300 million more than in 2014.
- 30 million people benefited from this investment, 14 million more beneficiaries than last year.
- 8,600 programmes were developed, and of the 30 million beneficiaries mentioned, 14.9 million were direct beneficiaries from these.
- The actions on the information society and childhood and youth represent 36% and 31% respectively, of the total of beneficiaries.
- 7 out of every 10 businesses contribute to the workplace integration of disadvantages groups.
- 82% of businesses rely on people with disabilities in their workforce, whether it be in their own business or one business that belongs to the same group.
- 57,371 people with disabilities people have been integrated into the job market in 2015.
- Wellbeing and the coverage of social needs represent 58% of the projects carried out, emphasizing education and health, which represent 30% of the projects.
- In the field of employment 42% of the projects were developed, with 33% of them aimed towards job creation and job integration and 9% aimed towards job training.
- 119,547 workers have participated in the development of CSR projects, to the extent that 26% of businesses rely on 50% of the workforce involved in the projects mentioned.
- 13% of the businesses dedicate 100,000 euros more to each of the CSR projects.
- 16,000 collaborations have been formed with social organisations.
- 64% of the investment in CSR is spent on actions in the home country of the business, whereas 36% is spent 0n international projects.
These figures speak for themselves, businesses can no longer turn a blind eye to the impact that CSR has. This world is everybody’s responsibility.