In an increasingly more competitive environment and with people being increasingly more educated and informed, doing this well is essential to being successful in business and letting people know that you are doing it well is key to get to where you want to be.
Corporate Social Responsibility makes the business’ footprint on the environment and society that surrounds it as positive as possible. Communication makes it so that the footprint is known and recognised throughout the people associated with the business.
So take note of the 6 key points we have made for you to convey CSR:
- Back up what you say with actions. Surely, you will have heard something along the words of ‘let your actions speak for you’, well this point goes slightly in that direction. It isn’t just the actions that speak for you, you must speak for yourself but your actions (those of the business) have to support what you say to make what you say credible.
- Comprehensive and strategic communication. CSR isn’t a minor part of the business’ management, neither must its communication represent a minor part of the corporate communication. Include the communicative actions linked to CSR in your comprehensive communication strategy; make sure it is coherent with what you want to transmit in every communication action.
- Be transparent and personal with your public. If credibility is essential in all processes involving communication, when we talk about CSR, its importance is paramount. Make your public believe what you tell them, earn their trust! Be transparent, show your day-to-day, show them the impact that CSR has on your day-to-day activities.
- Communicate via different channels. Increasing your communication channels and varying them is nothing new. Take advantage of all the possibilities that you have in front of you. Don’t limit yourself to just using one channel, try to value which ones can contribute to your business more and exploit them!
- Communicate your results. Everything the company does to seek results, especially in the case of CSR, has to do with the impact on its surroundings: don’t be shy, show the world what you have achieved in the last month, quarter, and year! Let the results speak for themselves!
- Be brave in what you communicate, take on challenges! Take on social challenges, show the public that your commitment is real and … don’t be scared! Show the human side of your business, involve as many of your clients as possible and don’t worry about not achieving what you propose, your clients will value your participation!