Assistance to people with dementia and their familiesSpanien
Having a person with Alzheimer's in charge has many implications for the caregiver, very often there are harmful emotional tendencies that can end up in situations of psychological disorder, helplessness, neglect or abandonment. A caregiver who has received support, help and advice dramatically reduces their level of emotional stress.
Finanzierte Gesamtsumme €100%finanziert
Bonpreu i Esclat Kunden 60.889€
Diejenigen Personen, die auf natürliche Art direkt von den im Projekt ausgeführten Aktionen begünstigt wurden.
Diejenigen identifizierbaren Personen, die einen potentiellen Effekt von den im Projekt durchgeführten Aktionen erfahren.
- Materialien 28.492€
- Personal 30.000€
- Gesamt 58.492€
Dementia refers to a set of symptoms resulting from neurological disease or damage. Alzheimer's is the most prevalent dementia, it is a chronic disease, with no known cure, highly disabling, which appears mainly at the end of the productive life of people, but which can extend over time due to its slow progression.
In 80% of cases, care is provided by the patient's own family, forcing some of its members to renounce their professional life, and forcing them to perform tasks for which they are generally not trained. Situations of misunderstanding, isolation, tension, stress, inadequate care and lack of financial resources are very common.
Alzheimer Catalunya pays attention to people living with Alzheimer's and their closest environment (non-professional family caregivers) to accompany them through the disease process. It offers holistic care to improve the quality of care for the person affected by a dementia such as Alzheimer's and the care of caregivers. A caregiver who has received support, help and advice dramatically reduces their level of emotional stress and expands their network.
- Welcome and Advice: Space dedicated to assessing the needs of the affected person, caregiver, family and environment to suggest the most appropriate resources and recommendations.
- Support groups: Weekly meetings for caregivers who need emotional support and increase knowledge on how to care for a person with dementia.
- Reminiscence space: A workshop in which, through communication techniques, an attempt is made to establish communication with the patient again.
- Mediation: A space aimed at positively managing the conflict generated between the person and their family members.
- Emotional Support / Accompaniment to Grief: A space where affected people can find support and techniques to improve well-being and where caregivers can share their experience.
Wer wird begünstigt?
The care of 160 people with dementia and their families and caretakers will be covered.
To improve the quality of life of people with dementia and that of their immediate environment, especially the caregiver.
Aktualisierungen und Links
Alzheimer Catalunya (website)