Comprehensive plan on Sankuru for women and cervical cancerKole - Kongo, Demokratische Republik der
This project has been reviewed and benefits of the support of the COMB (Official Medical College of Barcelona).
Finanzierte Gesamtsumme €99%finanziert
Me quedo uno Kunden 6.272€
Diejenigen Personen, die auf natürliche Art direkt von den im Projekt ausgeführten Aktionen begünstigt wurden.
Diejenigen identifizierbaren Personen, die einen potentiellen Effekt von den im Projekt durchgeführten Aktionen erfahren.
- Transport 1.500€
- Materialien 2.000€
- Lieferanten 790€
- Personal 1.336€
- Sonstiges 150€
- Finanzierung 500€
- Gesamt 6.276€
Pilot program of detection and treatment of precancerous lesions. Sankuru Health District, Kasai Oriental, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The international health priority in Africa during the twentieth century has focus on infectious diseases responsible for high mortality. Currently WHO speaks of a period of "epidemiological transition" in which degenerative diseases and cancer are reaching alarming levels, without disappearing infectious, which is a double burden for Africa.
According to WHO, by 2030 the incidence of cancer in developing countries will increase from 700,000 cases per year to 1.6 million, but found no national or international strategic plan for stop this serious problem.
Cervical cancer (CCx) is the most common cancer in these countries (13%) and the leading cause of death cancer in sub-Saharan women. The 80% of cases worldwide CCx occur in Africa where some 56,000 women die annually.
Neither DRC nor any surrounding country has any environment plan for the detection of CCX applies. When a women arrives at the Kole General Regional Hospital (HGRK) with symptoms is at an advanced stage, so that the ability of early detection treatment and curative intervention is very low.
- To provide equipment for the implementation of the comprehensive program against CCx.
- Training the laboratory staff on cytology of Pap smear (Pap) (3 technicians), the planning and external consultation staff (4 nurses and 4 doctors) to make the "visual inspection by acetic and iodine" (VIA, IVL), and the surgical team (three surgeons nurses and 4 doctors) Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP) outpatient treatment and curative method.
- Sending samples for histological confirmation of diagnosis to reference experts of Hospital Clínic of Barcelona (HCB) services for pathology.
- Carrying out the care and prevention activities that the program implies (detection mainstreaming and monitoring of departmental women).
- Analysis of results (efficiency / coverage).
Wer wird begünstigt?
120,000 inhabitants of the district and specifically Sankuru 10,272 women with potential risk on CCx.
Also 2 Nurse Surgeons 1 Nurse outpatient women, 2 Nurses planning consultation 3 laboratory technicians and 4 Doctors at Hospital HGRK.
- To improve health coverage on the CCx women through the implementation of early detection and treatment program.
- Train the health staff on the HGRK to entirely take over the activities of this program: CCx comprehensive care.
- Create the base hospital referral needed for future ministerial/international primary plan at health district Sankuru (awareness, primary prevention, vaccine HPV screening network for universal use rapid HPV test).
Aktualisierungen und Links
- 2015/02/20: 3rd Menusal monitoring report (spanish)
An average of 45 women a month have been treated, training sessions to medical personnel still continue and have been sent to hospital clinic some samples of cervical cones for a comparative study.
- 2014/11/21: 2nd Mensual monitoring report (spanish)
- 2014/10/29: Amending the Budget: 3,000 € was allocated to purchase an ultrasound machine that has been broken by a ray and can not be fixed.
- Project Summary (Spanish)
- Jeune Afrique Magazine discussing the cancer issue in Africa (French)
- LE CANCER DU COL DE L’UTÉRUS DANS LA RÉGION AFRICAINE - OMS
- PRÉVENIR LE CANCER DU COL DE L’UTÉRUS DE PAR LE MONDE
- Whole Project (In Spanish)
- Project Logical Framework (Spanish)