Emergency relief for the refugee crisisGriechenland
So far this year, Greece has faced ever-increasing numbers of sea arrivals, which totalled 244,855 as of 2 September as compared to 43,500 for all of 2014. There are significant numbers of women and children. The average number of daily arrivals almost doubled from 1,600 in July to 2,900 in August. In the first days of September, a minimum of 3,000-4,000 arrivals a day were reported leading to major congestion on the islands.
Finanzierte Gesamtsumme €100%finanziert
Banc Sabadell Kunden 21.645€
Diejenigen Personen, die auf natürliche Art direkt von den im Projekt ausgeführten Aktionen begünstigt wurden.
Diejenigen identifizierbaren Personen, die einen potentiellen Effekt von den im Projekt durchgeführten Aktionen erfahren.
- Materialien 20.000€
- Sonstiges 1.645€
- Gesamt 21.645€
Over the past months, an ever-increasing number of people, the majority of whom are fleeing war, violence and persecution, have been risking their lives to cross the Mediterranean Sea and take other dangerous routes in search of safety in Europe. European States bordering the Mediterranean Sea, the Western Balkans and other European countries have been struggling to deal with this influx of refugees and migrants.
UNHCR’s main objective is to strengthen the response capacity of the countries in the region to receive, register and protect people seeking international protection, mainly in Greece where the numbers of arrivals are high, but also in other countries in the region as required.
- Provide direct emergency humanitarian assistance - providing sleeping bags, food, water and hygiene kits for people with specific needs, such as women or unaccompanied minors, sick or disabled.
- Collaborate with local authorities to quickly identify people with specific needs, such as unaccompanied children, victims of trafficking and survivors of sexual violence.
- Provide specialized personnel to support the tasks of refugee registration, ensuring that they are recognized and protected by law, visible to the authorities and therefore have access to medical services and urgent support.
Wer wird begünstigt?
- Distribute 525 emergency rescue kits containing a towel, thermal blanket, bottled water, an energy bar, dry clothes and shoes for a refugee. Each kit has a cost of 25 euros.
- Install a reception center where asylum seekers can receive vital medical care for the injuries they may have suffered along the way. It costs around 8,500 euros.
UNHCR’s main focus in Greece is to provide direct support and advice to the Government and local Greek authorities at front line reception for newly-arrived people seeking international protection on their rights and obligations.
Asociación España con ACNUR erfüllt die 9 Prinzipien der Transparenz und guten Praktiken, die von der Lealtad Foundation analysiert werden, vollständig.