Restoring hope through artAmán - Jordan
There is a lack of art and culture that enrich the human experience of young Syrian refugees in Jordan. Young people have developed a sense of hopelessness and low confidence in themselves and their ability to change their lives.
Finanzierte Gesamtsumme €100%finanziert
Ticketmaster Kunden 3.899€
Diejenigen Personen, die auf natürliche Art direkt von den im Projekt ausgeführten Aktionen begünstigt wurden.
Diejenigen identifizierbaren Personen, die einen potentiellen Effekt von den im Projekt durchgeführten Aktionen erfahren.
- Materialien 1.000€
- Personal 2.899€
- Gesamt 3.899€
As the conflict in Syria enters its sixth year, the situation continues to deteriorate with the recent increase in violence on the ground and without a clear road map towards peace. The people of Syria are experiencing the biggest refugee and displaced crisis of our era. Over the past three years, the number of Syrian refugees in Jordan has remained constant.
Plan International has perceived the existence of significant shortcomings in the lives of Syrian refugee adolescents in Jordan. There are few structured activities for young people to participate, and many of them receive a low-quality education or do not directly attend school. There is also a lack of art and culture that enrich the human experience and there is no chance that the voices of the refugees will come out into the world in a positive way to tell their own stories.
Young people have developed a sense of hopelessness and low confidence in themselves and their ability to change their lives. This project will be able to address this problem and help them to regain their self-confidence, focusing their efforts on providing useful life skills and artistic and creative learning opportunities (art, music and photography), psychosocial support for boys and girls and adolescents and support sessions for mothers and fathers.
- Establish teen clubs in the host communities, where psychosocial activities (life skills) will be carried out and will include topics such as art, music, theater, sports and computer science.
- Organize bimonthly workshops for teenagers to acquire social skills, and at the same time carry out literacy and storytelling activities that include the English language, among others.
- Distribute recreational kits so that they can develop the activities developed in the clubs of ICT, music, crafts, sports, theater, etc. adapted to the needs of the beneficiaries, age, gender and disability.
Wer wird begünstigt?
Through the activities developed in the framework of this project, 600 boys and girls from 6 to 9 years old will be attended.
- Contribute to the improvement of the well-being and psychosocial condition of Syrian children and adolescents between 6 and 17 years old and to their families of the host communities of Jordan.
- Provide improved access for girls and teenagers to a space of safe and participative expression and immediate relief through art and music.
Plan International erfüllt die 9 Prinzipien der Transparenz und guten Praktiken, die von der Lealtad Foundation analysiert werden, vollständig.
Aktualisierungen und Links
Plan International (website in Spanish)