Ensure the nutrition of vulnerable children after COVID-19Bizkaia - Spain
The social crisis derived from the health emergency caused by COVID-19 is having its greatest impact on the most vulnerable families. During this period of confinement, the inequalities from which children in a situation or at risk of social exclusion and poverty were already starting have been enlarged and evidenced. Without adequate measures, this health crisis is bound to turn into a social crisis of enormous gravity. With your help, you will be able to contribute to Save the Children's extraordinary emergency program A TU LADO to cover part of the basic food needs of 90 families and 110 children in social exclusion.
Total raised €72%raised
Eroski clients 7.254€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Materials 10.000€
- Total 10.000€
The economic crisis has accentuated the situation of vulnerability in which some families find themselves, who are unable to meet basic family needs as a result of the work situation suffered during confinement. The psychological impact to which children and adolescents have been subjected during this confinement could have had serious emotional effects, due to the situation of nervousness, fear, anguish and concern expressed by the children. Therefore, at EROSKI we want to collaborate with Save the Children's Extraordinary Emergency Program AT YOUR SIDE, to provide the most vulnerable children with the support they need to alleviate the serious consequences of this crisis and meet their basic food needs.
The A TU LADO program is carried out in six autonomous communities and helps some 3,000 boys and girls and some 2,000 families in situations of economic vulnerability and includes the following actions:
- Urban colonies are carried out to offer educational reinforcement and leisure activities and children's participation.
- Individual weekly meetings are made available to families to exchange and generate advice on the situation of the child during the current emergency.
- The most vulnerable families are offered moments of psycho-emotional support that will help the mental health of the family unit and, therefore, coexistence.
- Digital meetings are enabled between our professionals and the participating parents.
- In order to reach the greatest number of fathers and mothers, a telephone number is made available to all families where they can call to ask questions about the care and situation of children during the emergency.
- For families who find themselves with less income due to the loss of employment and additional expenses (absence of school meals, sanitary supplies), unrestricted endowments of money of one hundred euros per child and month are made available to them.
Who will benefit?
The aid collected through the EROSKI Solidarity Cents will be used to support the nutrition of 110 boys and girls and 90 vulnerable families within the A TU LADO program in Bizkaia. These are families that face some of these difficulties:
- Reduction of educational support for the boys and girls of these families
- Complicated coexistence situation
- Loss of employment and additional expenses
The main goal of the A TU LADO Program is to guarantee the protection and education of more than 3,000 most vulnerable children and adolescents and around 2,000 families in the national emergency in the face of COVID-19. It also has the following specific objectives:
- Facilitate the access of the most vulnerable children to adequate educational support.
- Guarantee the psychosocial well-being of children and their families / caregivers.
- Improve the socioeconomic capacities of families.
- It guarantees that children on the move have information adapted to their needs.
- Raise awareness in society about the situation of vulnerability experienced by families at risk of exclusion in the face of the emergency situation and the possible responses to it.
- Influence the response of the different public administrations to the emergency.