Aid for child nutrition in A Coruña after COVID-19A Coruña - Spain
In the province of A Coruña, more than 770 families receive help from the Spanish Red Cross to cover their basic needs. These families, of which a majority have minors in their care, live in a vulnerable situation or at risk of exclusion. With your help, you can help the Red Cross deliver 7,000 snacks a year to children in situations of social difficulty who participate in its program of promoting school success in A Coruña.
Total raised €100%raised
Eroski clients 2.662€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 2.662€
- Total 2.662€
The economic crisis has accentuated the vulnerable situation in which some families with dependent children find themselves. These are, for example, families with people in long-term unemployment or without residence and / or work authorization, single-parent families or women with dependent children, among others. In general, people with difficulties to cover their needs for null or insufficient income. In these cases, ensuring that boys and girls have access to adequate education, food and hygiene is a priority. For this reason, at EROSKI we want to collaborate with the Red Cross A Coruña school support project for children at risk of social exclusion, which provides 7,000 snacks and school reinforcement to 196 boys and girls each year.
The project will be developed in the territory of A Coruña where the stores participating in the campaign are located.
The program consists of four lines of action:
- Accompaniment, in which educational support is provided, health promotion activities are carried out for the development of personal development and recreational-educational skills.
- Delivering good, which seeks to facilitate access to all the necessary resources so that children in situations of social difficulty achieve school success, always in the overall performance of the child in the project. Thus, school supplies, hygiene kits, clothing, etc. are delivered.
- Residencia, in which snacks and lunches are delivered according to the needs of the minor.
Who will benefit?
This Eroski campaign will contribute to serving part of the families with children under 12 years of age in their vulnerable situation residing in A Coruña. Specifically, it will help 52 children from 130 families in the areas near the stores participating in the campaign. These are families with people in long-term unemployment who are actively seeking employment, families with people without residence and / or work authorization, single-parent families or women with dependent children and families with difficulties derived from the economic crisis. In general, people with difficulties to cover their needs for null or insufficient income.
The Red Cross School Success Promotion Program in A Coruña aims to improve the quality of life for children and youth in social difficulties. The specific objectives are:
- Strengthen the academic skills of boys and girls in social difficulties.
- Promote the theoretical knowledge and habits that improve the health of these children.
- Facilitate their social development.
- Improve the intra-family relationships of girls and girls in social difficulties.
- Facilitate access to all the necessary resources for these children.
As part of the Program, 7,000 snacks and lunches are distributed annually, depending on the needs of the minor. Through this campaign, help will be given to feeding the most vulnerable children.
Updates & Links
Cruz Vermella (web)