All young people finishing secondary educationSpain
One of the reasons why school performance is lower among young people in vulnerable situations is that they have less access to extracurricular activities and supports. These inequalities increase the risk of school failure. In Spain the dropout rate is 18% while the European average is 10.6%.
Total raised €8%raised
Repsol clients 863€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 10.000€
- Total 10.000€
The Education Program of the Adsis Foundation provides the tools for young people in vulnerable situations to continue their studies. Every year, over 4,000 young people are supported in Spain.
During the course, the contents taught in the school are reinforced in order to respond to the difficulties that students present in their learning, both at the technical level and in study habits, in order to improve their school performance and prevent situations of demotivation , absenteeism and school failure. We also offer support to face complicated personal and family situations, help them to develop important social skills for their development, as well as technological resources and food supplements.
The process takes place in the centers of the foundation in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Asturias and Las Palmas.
- Reception of the minor and his family and individualized diagnosis to respond to the needs of the young person.
- Preparation of an individualized educational plan through which objectives are established.
- Realization of extracurricular classes: performance of homework, preparation of exams, reinforcement exercises, follow-up evaluations.
- Realization of educational leisure activities: sports and artistic activities, collaborative games, cultural outings, camps and summer camps.
- Development of social skills: development of skills such as responsibility, commitment, teamwork, positive response to certain situations.
- Learning in the use of Information Technology (ICT): access to the internet, workshops on social networks, repair of mobile phones and tablets.
- Distribution of food supplements: snacks to ensure that young people eat well when they leave school.
Who will benefit?
The direct beneficiaries are 3,961 children and young people from 12 to 18 years of age in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Asturias and Las Palmas, who have school difficulties and who come from families in vulnerable situations.
Offer out-of-school educational support, leisure activities and social skills development for young people to complete their studies and finish secondary education.
Fundación Adsis fully complies with the 9 Principles of Transparency and Good Practices analyzed by the Lealtad Foundation
Updates & Links
Fundación Adsis (web)