Assistance to children with heart diseaseCatalunya - Spain
In Catalonia, 14 children with congenital heart disease are born every week (1 in every 120 births). It is the congenital pathology that has the highest incidence rate.
Total raised €100%raised
Bonpreu i Esclat clients 63.388€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Materials 12.262€
- Staff 50.000€
- Total 62.262€
The vast majority of children born with congenital heart disease should spend long periods of time in pediatric hospitals to perform medical tests, surgical interventions ... In these situations, there are moments of great stress, discomfort and fear, which can cause difficulties in its proper development, especially at the emotional and psychosocial levels.
In order to respond to the psycho-emotional and social needs of families and children with congenital heart disease in the surgical hospital setting, the entity has a team of professionals. They are psychologists specialized in psycho-emotional care of extended situations and crises caused by diseases and treatments, which help all these children, adolescents and families, to survive these situations.
With the help of a network of volunteers, workshops, games, leisure and entertainment activities are held ... In addition, the psychologists of the entity conduct psycho-emotional attention sessions.
- Psychological care for families and children and young people who have heart disease.
- Carry out games and workshops that help to create a positive attitude towards the hospital experience and make income in the hospital more pleasant.
Who will benefit?
Children and adolescents who are born with congenital heart disease and must be admitted to the hospital for the treatment or control of the pathology, as well as their family and caregivers.
- Offer psychosocial care to families with children who have congenital heart disease in the hospital-surgical setting.
- Facilitate an emotional and psychological state favorable to the recovery of the child, as well as reduce and eliminate possible situations of risk related to the disease.
- Help the patient to have a positive attitude to the possible stress situations that are lived in the hospital.