Bring boys and girls the same opportunities against Covid -19A Coruña - Spain
The social crisis derived from the health emergency caused by COVID -19 is having its greatest impact on the most vulnerable families. Enlarging and demonstrating, during this period of confinement, the inequalities from which children were already at risk of poverty and / or social exclusion. Without the appropriate measures, this crisis is destined to become a social crisis of great seriousness. With your contribution, you will be able to help us provide 150 families and 250 boys and girls at risk of social exclusion from the Galicia Family Integration Program, the necessary support to reduce inequalities aggravated by the current crisis.
Total raised €100%raised
Eroski clients 3.898€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 3.898€
- Total 3.898€
The current health crisis and its consequences on the economy, evidenced the existing inequalities among the child population, accentuating the situation of vulnerability in which some families find themselves, who are unable to meet basic family needs as a result of the socio-labor situation current. The stress and uncertainty, together with the decrease in resources, to which the children and adolescents and their families were exposed during this confinement, had a strong psychological impact, which could lead to serious emotional problems. For this reason, at EROSKI we want to collaborate with the extraordinary project "IGUALANDO OPORTUNIDADES" of the Meniños Foundation, to provide the most vulnerable children with the support they need to alleviate the serious consequences of this crisis and help families meet their needs and increase your well-being.
The IGUALANDO OPORTUNIDADES project will take place in Galicia, within the framework of the Family Integration Project that carries out the following actions:
- Psychosocial Intervention: transmitting strategies that improve personal, family and social functioning, through educational activities and promoting social participation.
- Child Care: to guarantee the family coexistence of boys and girls in conditions of safety, stability and affection.
- Family Education: for the acquisition of skills and habits aimed at meeting the needs of children and adolescents.
- Family Therapy: to solve psychological, relationship and behavior problems of the people participating in the program.
Who will benefit?
The aid collected through the solidarity cents of EROSKI, will be used to support the nutrition of 250 children and 150 vulnerable families within the IGUALANDO OPORTUNIDADES program in GALICIA. Families meet some of these requirements:
- Children registered in the childhood protection system.
- Family income reduced because of additional expenses derived from the health crisis.
- Difficulties in accessing educational resources.
This project is developped to complement the Galician Family Integration Program, designed and managed by the Meniños Foundation for the Xunta de Galicia, which aims to consolidate and recover the protective conditions of families in vulnerable situations.
The general objective of the IGUALANDO OPORTUNIDADES Program is to guarantee adequate care for children and adolescents in the family environment, facilitating access to the necessary resources to ensure education and care for the 250 most vulnerable children and adolescents and their families. It also has the following specific objectives:
- Facilitate the access of the most vulnerable children to adequate educational support, in any of the possible scenarios in the face of the Pandemic.
- Guarantee the psychosocio-emotional well-being of children and their families / caregivers.
- Improve the socioeconomic capacities of families to cover extraordinary expenses derived from the exceptional situation of confinement.
- Raise awareness in society about the situation of vulnerability experienced by families at risk of exclusion in the face of the emergency situation and the possible responses to it.