Clean up litter shoresSpain
We live on a planet where 70% is water. Life on this planet depends on the use we make of our seas, rivers, lakes, etc., and unfortunately we are destroying them.
Total raised €87%raised
Planeta Huerto clients 6.106€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 7.000€
- Total 7.000€
At Ecomar they have been taking care of the sea for 20 years. Life on this planet depends on the use we make of our seas, rivers, lakes, etc; unfortunately we are destroying them. At Ecomar they work with children to raise awareness and educate them on this problem and thus achieve a change in trend that improves this situation.
This last year they have carried out 60 shoreline cleanings, in which more than 10 tons of waste were collected. The project consists of carrying out as many cleanings as possible, thus reaching a large number of people, especially children, so that they can see first-hand the problem of marine litter and can transfer it to their families and surroundings. Each child who participates in an activity influences 4 or 5 people with the message they share. At Ecomar they educate, raise awareness and act. The philosophy of Ecomar is to add and contribute something to our society, that is why they clean those sites that are not cleaned by the municipalities, or that require more support.
Clean up the Spanish coasts of waste with the participation of boys and girls.
- Conduct, during cleaning, a workshop on the problem of marine litter, teaching how to recycle correctly and explaining the type of waste that can be found on the beaches.
- Selectively collect waste, recycling it accordingly. In this way, it is possible to educate children about where each of the waste should go, learning and having fun at the same time.
- Hold a final meeting in which everything they find is discussed, conveying the message that there is still much to do and that the fewer waste we generate at home, work, etc. the less we will have to collect.
Who will benefit?
Schools, clubs and sailing schools, corporate volunteering, companies that want to get involved in this task and people who want to contribute their bit and help improve can participate in the cleaning of the coasts.
Having the coasts clean of waste benefits the entire population.
- Raise awareness about the problem of marine litter.
- Achieve a network of volunteers to recover affected areas.
- Educate so that people stop generating as much waste as 80% of marine litter comes from inland.