Covid-19 emergency in IndiaIndia
A second wave of COVID-19 is causing chaos across India, with both public and private hospitals full, and supplies of drugs and oxygen running dangerously low.
Total raised €72%raised
Nicequest clients 3.602€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Materials 5.000€
- Total 5.000€
World Vision India works towards promoting COVID-appropriate behaviour along with encouraging people to get vaccinated and respond the needs of families with most vulnerable children (malnourished children and children with disabilities), elderly population, widows and women-headed vulnerable households, persons with disabilities and chronical illness, families infected with COVID-19, families of casual/daily wage labourers, households without social security cover of the government, families of reverse migrants and landless households.
World Vision is redoubling efforts to support hospitals, health centres, and communities with personal protective equipment, surgical masks, sanitiser, and continued support for vulnerable families with cash and voucher assistance to ensure they can access food during shutdowns.
- Distribute emergency food
- Deliver cash aid to very vulnerable families so that they can cover their most urgent needs (medicines, clothes, soap...)
- Raising awareness about the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
- Distribute masks in health centers, to health personnel and people in the communities.
- Deliver gloves and protective equipment to health workers.
- Distribute kits for hand washing (soap and / or hydroalcoholic gel).
Who will benefit?
To provide Indian children and their families prevention kits from COVID-19, to help protect them from the fast spreading pandemic.
World Vision is working to limit the spread of COVID-19 and reduce its impact on most vulnerable people, including millions of children.
Updates & Links
World Vision (web)