education against povertySpain
In Spain, 2,826,549 children are at risk of poverty and social exclusion
Total raised €100%raised
LetsBonus clients 177€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Materials 177€
- Total 177€
In Spain, Save the Children offer daily assistance to more than 5,000 children and their families to provide them the opportunity to break the cycle of poverty. To this end, they are coordinated with social services and schools to identify situations where children may be at risk of poverty and to encourage their families to be part of our program of comprehensive care.
The program is articulated around 4 main lines:
- Reduce the reduce truancy, early school leaving and improving school performance by individual monitoring.
- Promote education in values and healthy habits in a space where children can play and learn through books but also with games.
- Resolve relationship difficulties or emotional conflicts by a comprehensive work with families through family psychosocial support.
- Give support for basic needs such as food, school supplies, eyeglasses, hearing aids ... depending on the needs of each situation.
Poor children have numerous disadvantages in relation to their better-off counterparts. They are usually less healthy, their language skills less developed, and they are generally less well equipped to undertake a school programme. Save the children in order to achieve their objective is working in coordination with Social Services and schools to identify children in need and promote the education to children and their families.
Who will benefit?
Customers from Lets bonus can help Save the Children to combat child poverty by:
- With 2€ a child will have an educational toy.
- With 5 € a child will be provided with a school kit to develop activities throughout the school year (cardboard, paper, pencils, etc.).
- With 10 € a child with learning difficulties will receive special attention for one month.
Breaking the vicious cycle of poverty and social exclusion that is the reality for many people through holistic education.