Fight against human traffickingIndia
Mumbai is a city of great contrasts. On the one hand, it is one of the most important economic and commercial motors in Asia. On the other hand, its streets hide sordid and overwhelming stories, including those of the victims of human trafficking. Every year millions of people are lured or even forced into domestic work, dangerous and unhealthy jobs or, most commonly, into prostitution.
Total raised €82%raised
Nicequest clients 4.960€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 6.000€
- Total 6.000€
This project focuses on the attention to women victims of human trafficking for sexual exploitation purposes, which face terrible situations that in many cases lead them to suffer from various psychological problems and disorders.
For this reason, Mumbai Smiles created a center to provide psychological support to victims and their children. At this centre, mental health disorders are identified, where women are given psychological therapy in the centre itself, and more severe cases are referred to specialists for a more specific treatment.
Along with psychological therapy services, art therapy sessions are offered at the centre, where women learn to create candles and roses. In these sessions, they interact with other women and express their feelings and emotions, thereby helping them overcome their problems and traumas through the art of sharing and expression.
- Conduct monthly workshops on psychosocial issues (depression, anxiety, health, hygiene, etc.).
- Conduct individual therapy sessions with trafficked women and their children who are mentally ill and refer them to specialized centers.
- Strengthen networking with psychiatric centers, mental health institutes and hospitals for case referrals.
- Train staff on mental health issues and on art therapy (candle making) to accompany women during the process.
- Conduct art therapy sessions with trafficked women and their children.
Who will benefit?
45 women victims of human trafficking suffering from mental disorders.
To provide mental health services to women who are victims of human trafficking and their children.
Sonrisas de Bombay fully complies with the 9 Principles of Transparency and Good Practices analyzed by the Lealtad Foundation
Updates & Links
Mumbai Smiles (web)