Protect poupulation of Western Sahara from the CoronavirusWestern Sahara
If measures are not taken, the pandemic can hit Western Sahara strongly because of their living conditions, they live in tents with limited access to water, which means that the spread of the virus can be faster consequently the pandemic can affect the population catastrophically.
Total raised €100%raised
Ticketmaster clients 1.564€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Materials 1.564€
- Total 1.564€
The COVID-19 pandemic has left no country untouched and has disrupted them all. Countries with a low development index, such as Western Sahara, were the most affected. In the hospitals there is not enough protective material for the personnel, and is difficult to isolate population, who live in tents, and hygiene is limited by the scarcity of resources.
Since 2014, DentalCoop has worked together with the Saharawi Ministry of Health to improve the health of the population of the Liberated Territories of Western Sahara. The objective is to protect the vulnerable population from the effects of the current crisis caused by COVID19 through the following measures:
- Preventive measures: develop protocols to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Local staff training: carry out courses about the virus.
- Telemedicine: create team-works to assist health professionals from DentalCoop Sahara.
- Supply of medicines: provide medicines for chronic diseases and routine treatments that they have stopped receiving from other international organizations.
- Provide protective material (masks, gloves, glasses, gels) and essential medicines to health personnel.
- Supply medicines for chronic diseases.
- Design a protocol for Hospitals to address COVID19.
Who will benefit?
It is estimated that 30,000 inhabitants of the liberated territories of Western Sahara will receive attention.
- Promote an effective protocol for the fight against covid19.
- Carrying out a telemedicine program to reinforce the communication between DentalCoop health workers and local health workers.
- Provide protection material for hospitals and / or health facilities in the territory
- Supply drugs for chronic diseases and routine treatments.
- Train health staff.
Updates & Links