Household food aidCatalunya - Spain
More than 200,000 people are served by the Red Cross in poverty programs. Food is a basic need and that, due to the economic and social vulnerability that a person may be going through, can be affected.
Total raised €100%raised
Bonpreu i Esclat clients 64.654€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Materials 64.654€
- Total 64.654€
The concept of social care by the Red Cross is to place the family at the center of the interventions to ensure a holistic view of the needs and correctly define the interventions that will be applied.
Each family has a reference person with whom they establish a work plan, which functions as a contract of duties and rights, to establish the family's itinerary during the intervention. In this way, the family is receiving comprehensive care in relation to all their needs (health, work, housing, education ...).
In this sense, support for the family's food is one of many intervention tools that is provided, since food is a basic necessity and that, due to the economic and social vulnerability, it might be affected.
- Distribute essential necessities to families that are vulnerable.
- Provide food support cards so that families in vulnerable situations can buy food in nearby stores, in a normalized way, especially fresh.
- Distribute fresh food
- Distribute essential products to the most disadvantaged under the European Aid Operational Program.
- Assign primary and secondary school canteen scholarships to cover the school canteen fee for children at risk.
Who will benefit?
135 children will have covered meals during the non-school period.
- Ensure equal opportunities to access healthy, balanced and quality food.
- Avoid stigmatization and discrimination between different groups for economic reasons.
- Provide a diet that provides the minimum nutrients necessary for the correct development and growth of all family members, paying special attention during the growth stage in children and adolescents.
- Promote healthy eating habits.
- Accompany the people served so that using their own tools and skills, they can get ahead.
Updates & Links
Red Cross Spain (web)