Making wishes of sick children come trueSpain
Sometimes making a wish of a sick child come true is their best medicine since it involves an injection of vitality to keep fighting.
Total raised €69%raised
Hawkers clients 5.587€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 8.000€
- Total 8.000€
The Fundación Pequeño Deseo (FPD) makes the wishes of children with chronic or serious illnesses come true in order to support them emotionally and temporarily keep them away from the disease. The fulfillment of a desire generates positive emotions that have an enormous effect on their well-being and on the way to deal with the disease.
In the Fundación Pequeño Deseo they work every day so that illusion and joy become part of the treatment. They work individually with each child to invite him to dream and to express his greatest illusion, by the hand of child psychologists, trained and prepared for it.
In most cases, the desire reaches the FPD through the medical center or the child's family environment. The FPD will not work in any case without the agreement of both the medical team responsible for the child and their parents or guardians. The parents and the medical team become accomplices, collaborating with the FPD to invite the child to dream. In addition, as far as possible, they try to make the desire surprise until the moment of its realization, because the positive effect is greater.
- Evaluate the possible children likely to be recipients of the work of the foundation by the medical team responsible for the child.
- Meet the parents to explain in detail the operation and obtain their consent to work with their child and invite them to be our accomplices.
- Meet the child and visit him all the necessary times until he knows his greatest desire.
- Prepare the wish with the consent of the doctor, who has the last word.
- Try, as far as possible, that the desire is surprise until the moment of its realization, because the positive effect is greater.
- Make the child's wish come true.
Who will benefit?
Children between 4 and 18 years old living in Spanish territory and suffering from a chronic or serious illness and need mood support to continue fighting.
- Make the wishes of children with chronic or serious illnesses come true in order to give them mood support.
- Keep children and their families away from the daily routine they are forced to live because of the disease.
FUNDACION PEQUEÑO DESEO fully complies with the 9 Principles of Transparency and Good Practices analyzed by the Lealtad Foundation
Updates & Links
Fundación Pequeño Deseo (website in Spanish)