Improving children's healthSpain
Globally, more than 80% of the adolescent population does not have a sufficient level of physical activity (WHO 2018).
Physical activity and sports are basic aspects to ensure an appropriate childhood development.
Total raised €100%raised
Viena clients 82.307€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Materials 15.300€
- Staff 67.007€
- Total 82.307€
Gasol Founation carry out studies and research reports to obtain rigorous data that reflects the reality of the childhood obesity pandemic, in order to guide the actions that should be carried out for children's health. With this objective, the pioneering study PASOS was born to evaluate the level of physical activity, sedentary lifestyle and lifestyles of children between 8 and 16 years old in Spain.
Obesity affects the immediate health of children and their quality of life. Obese children are very likely to remain obese as adults and are at risk of cardiovascular disease, among other chronic noncommunicable diseases. Being an obese child also carries an important psychological and emotional burden.
The Gasol Foundation works to reduce childhood obesity through the promotion of 4 healthy pillars: sports and physical activity, healthy eating, quality of rest and emotional well-being.
- Collection of objective data on the level of physical activity and health of 4,508 boys and girls from 121 localities of each of the 17 Autonomous Communities in Spain. The collection will be made through 242 elementary and secondary schools chosen at random.
- Analysis of the data collected from all the children involved in the whole territory.
- Presentation of the results of the PASOS 2019 study.
- Carry out awareness-raising actions throughout the Spanish territory on the importance of an active life for the development of the youngest, as well as advice on their inclusion in daily routines.
- Provide with the PASOS study the starting point of a set of derived activities in favor of children's health as a result of the results obtained.
Who will benefit?
Data will be collected on the level of physical activity and health of more than 4,000 children, which will allow to establish lines of action in favor of child health according to the reality and the needs identified and benefit the entire population.
Obtain objective and representative data that allow to know the real situation in Spain about the level of physical activity and sedentary lifestyle of children between 8 and 16 years old.
To establish lines of action for children's health according to the reality and needs identified through the study, as well as placing the promotion of physical activity and sports in the epicenter of the political and social agenda as one of the key determinants to end the epidemic of childhood obesity.
Updates & Links
Gasol Foundation (web)