Psychological support for women affected by breast cancerSpain
Approximately 30% of women affected by breast cancer shows some degree of psychological affectation that requires professional treatment.
Total raised €100%raised
PcComponentes clients 205€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 205€
- Total 205€
The diagnosis of breast cancer has serious consequences for the patient and his family at emotional, labor, economical and social level.
The reactions of anxiety, depression, fear of rejection and disease, insecurity, changes in body image turns into a significant barrier in the personal autonomy of many patients. Mismatches can also occur in interpersonal relationships at family, partner and sexual level and returning to the labor office.
The free counseling service is one of the most significant services of the Spanish Association Against Cancer (AECC). It is an important component of care that the entity offers to cancer patients and their families, through which they can be heard and understood, and develop resources to enable them to cope with new and complex situations that arise after diagnosis.
- Quickly identify the patient demand, ensuring prioritize according to the psychosocial needs of the patient and / or family.
- Clarify doubts and provide tools to minimize emotional disturbances and improve their quality of life.
- Answer questions and help the patient regain their activities, interests, concerns, etc.
- Orientate in the decision-making process before the advance of the disease.
- Alleviate the suffering caused by the loss of relatives, mainly helping to normalize the situation and allowing people to be in mourning.
Who will benefit?
With 1.000 €, psychological support will be offered to 10 women affected by breast cancer and their families.
To provide information, guidance and emotional support to women affected by breast cancer in situations that require immediate intervention.
Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer fully complies with the 9 Principles of Transparency and Good Practices analyzed by the Lealtad Foundation