Aid for child nutrition in Menorca after COVID-19Menorca - Espagne
In Menorca more than 572 families live in a vulnerable situation or at risk of exclusion, of these, 181 have minors in their care. With your help, you can help the Red Cross deliver 16,000 snacks a year to children in situations of social difficulty who participate in its Balearic Islands promotion of school success program.
Montant total financé €100%Financé
Eroski Clients 883€
Les personnes qui ont bénéficié directement des actions du projet.
Les personnes identifiables qui ont bénéficié indirectement des actions menées dans le cadre du projet.
- Personnel 883€
- Total 883€
The economic crisis has accentuated the vulnerable situation in which some families with dependent children find themselves. These are, for example, families with people in long-term unemployment or without residence and / or work authorization, single-parent families or women with dependent children, among others. In general, people with difficulties to cover their needs for null or insufficient income. In these cases, ensuring that boys and girls have access to adequate education, food and hygiene is a priority. For this reason, at EROSKI we want to collaborate with the Red Cross Menorca school support project for children at risk of social exclusion, which provides 16,000 snacks and school reinforcement to 51 boys and girls each year.
The project will be developed in the territory of Menorca where the stores participating in the campaign are located.
The program consists of four lines of action:
- Accompaniment, in which educational support is provided, health promotion activities are carried out for the development of personal development and recreational-educational skills.
- Delivering good, which seeks to facilitate access to all the necessary resources so that children in situations of social difficulty achieve school success, always in the overall performance of the child in the project. Thus, school supplies, hygiene kits, clothing, etc. are delivered.
- Residencia, in which snacks and lunches are delivered according to the needs of the minor.
Qui en bénéficiera ?
This Eroski campaign will contribute to serving part of the families with children under 12 years of age in their care in a vulnerable situation residing in Menorca. Specifically, it will help 51 children from 163 families in the areas near the stores participating in the campaign. These are families with people in long-term unemployment who are actively seeking employment, families with people without residence and / or work authorization, single-parent families or women with dependent children and families with difficulties derived from the economic crisis. In general, people with difficulties to cover their needs for null or insufficient income.
Objectifs du projet
The Red Cross School Success Promotion Program in Menorca aims to improve the quality of life for children and youth in social difficulties. The specific objectives are:
- Strengthen the academic skills of boys and girls in social difficulties.
- Promote the theoretical knowledge and habits that improve the health of these children.
- Facilitate their social development.
- Improve the intra-family relationships of girls and girls in social difficulties.
- Facilitate access to all the necessary resources for these children.
As part of the Program, 16,000 snacks and lunches are distributed annually, depending on the needs of the minor. Through this campaign, help will be given to feeding the most vulnerable children.
Mises à jour et liens
Cruz Roja Illes Balears (web)