Brest Cancer ResearchSpagna
Breast cancer is one of the most common tumors and is one of the leading causes of cancer death in women, especially in developed countries.
Totale finanziato €100%finanziato
Promofarma clienti 2.750€
Quelle persone che in maniera naturale hanno tratto beneficio dalle azioni portate avanti dal progetto
Quelle persone identificabili che ricevono un effetto potenziale dalle azioni portate avanti dal progetto.
- Personale 2.750€
- Totale 2.750€
Breast cancer is by far the most common cancer among women. Although there have been significant advances in the prevention and treatment of metastatic breast cancer, it remains an unsolved clinical problem. From a clinical-pathological, breast cancer is classified in three groups:
- Tumors with hormone receptor expression.
- Tumors overexpressing HER2 protein kinase transmembrane.
- Tumors that lack high expression of these markers and are classified as triple-negative tumors.
Tumors with overexpressing HER2 (human epidermal growth factor receptor 2) are characterized for present and aggressive clinical course and poor prognosis. Although the development of therapies against HER2, such as trastuzumab, a monoclonal antibody against HER2, has improved the prognosis of the disease, the resistance to these therapies marks a major clinical problem.
Doctor Alberto Ocaña and Atanasio Pandiella are investigating the resistence of anti-HER2 treatments in breast cancer patients to widen the knowledge the mechanisms responsible for the development of resistance to anti-HER2 therapies and develop new therapeutic strategies to counteract such mechanisms.
Obiettivi del progetto
Identify the causes associated to resistance of certain treatments and develop new drugs to improve the prognosis and cure rate.
- Generation of in vitro and in vivo models resistance anti-HER2 therapies. It is creating cells resistant to trastuzumab and lapatinib proposed by continued treatment with these drugs.
- Detailed analysis of the mechanisms responsible for this resistance analysis using genomic and proteomic techniques.
- Conducting screenings RNAi libraries and inhibitory compounds, with the aim of identifying targets that could be used to combat resistance mechanisms.
CRIS Cancer è pienamente conforme ai 9 principi di trasparenza e buone pratiche analizzati dalla Lealtad Foundation