No elders alone at homeSpagna
In Spain there are more than 8 million people over 65 years old, of which 20% live alone.
Totale finanziato €0%finanziato
Quelle persone che in maniera naturale hanno tratto beneficio dalle azioni portate avanti dal progetto
Quelle persone identificabili che ricevono un effetto potenziale dalle azioni portate avanti dal progetto.
- Personale 10.000€
- Totale 10.000€
Many older people feel lonely and isolated. This prolonged loneliness has detrimental effects on your physical and mental health. For this reason, the NGO Solidarios works to combat social exclusion and make life better for people over 65 who feel lonely and isolated.
From Solidarios, they make visits to senior citizens who need someone to spend time with during the week, thus reinforcing their illusion, their self-esteem, their social skills and keeping them active. While they share a conversation, a leisure time or a walk, older people recover healthy habits such as going for a walk, doing cultural activities and enjoying a good conversation.
Discrimination based on age is the third great form of discrimination after racism and machismo. We lack economic and human resources to ensure the social coverage of our elders. The subsidies for dependent persons have been cut, which, added to the freezing of pensions and the pharmaceutical copay, have deteriorated their quality of life
- Visit seniors who feel lonely and who demand to have someone to spend time during the week.
- Go for a walk, perform cultural activities, enjoy a good conversation with older people.
- Create an intergenerational space, where different life experiences are shared.
Chi ne trarrà beneficio?
Older people may receive visits at home, thus breaking their loneliness and recovering social relationships.
Obiettivi del progetto
- Break the isolation and loneliness of the elderly, avoiding depression and cognitive disorders.
- Recover healthy habits and social relationships.
- Strengthen the illusion and self-esteem of the elderly, improving their mood.
Aggiornamenti e links
MAXCOLCHON collaborates in this project with its own contribution of € 2,000, which together with the € 2,000 of its customers add up to € 4,000 of the project.