Education for childhoodSpain
The health crisis caused by Covid 19 and the disruption that our educational system has suffered - school closings, confinement, virtual education, etc. - will have a great impact on the emotional well-being and educational development of children.
Total raised €81%raised
Viena clients 36.612€
Those people who have naturally benefited from the project's interventions.
Those identifiable people who will potentially recieve an effect from the project's activities.
- Staff 45.000€
- Total 45.000€
Over the years, the IRES Foundation has been the promoter of programs and services that put children and adolescents in vulnerable situations at the center of the intervention. The objective is to guarantee their integral development in well-being spaces, responding to their needs so that they can have a future with equal opportunities.
With the EDUCATION FOR CHILDHOOD program, we work so that in this new school year children in vulnerable situations can exercise their fundamental right to access a universal and equitable education, and their families can receive support and the necessary help without generating greater pressure on them. their precarious situation, mitigating the effects that isolation has had on the emotional, social and educational sphere of many boys and girls.
The project is based on 5 main activities:
- School supplies: Allocation of aid for tuition and school supplies (textbooks, notebooks, stationery, backpacks, school outings ...)
- Food: Offer a healthy meal during accompanying activities, which reduces the economic pressure on families to guarantee a good diet for children.
- Digital gap: Provide aids for Wi-Fi or data network connectivity, and technological resources - tablets, laptops - in those families that need it.
- Socio-educational support: Socio-educational support and school reinforcement to mitigate the effects of school interruptions and prevent situations of inequality.
- Psychological care: A space for emotional support and psychological care to prevent or attend to situations of anguish and improve the mental health of the family.
Who will benefit?
The project will benefit 120 children between the ages of 3 and 12 in vulnerable situations who participate in the care and support projects for children and their families.
Provide children in vulnerable situations with the material resources and the necessary educational, emotional and psychological support to mitigate the effects of the educational gap derived from the health crisis, guaranteeing their right to a universal and equitable education.
Updates & Links
Fundació IRES (Web)